Lead Based Paint (LBP):
If your home was built before 1978, there is a good chance it has lead-based paint. In 1978, the federal government banned consumer uses of lead-containing paint, but some states banned it even earlier. Lead is a highly toxic metal that may cause a range of health problems, especially in young children. When lead is absorbed into the body, it can cause damage to the brain and other vital organs, like kidneys, nerves, and blood.
Lead may also cause behavioral problems, learning disabilities, seizures and in extreme cases, death. Some symptoms of lead poisoning may include headaches, stomachaches, nausea, tiredness, and irritability. Children who are exposed to lead poisoned may show no symptoms.
In light of this known health hazard and your home is a 1978 or older home and are planning a renovation or repairing a disaster event, have the subject surfaces that have been or will be disturbed tested for lead-based paint by a professional certified lead-based paint testing company.
In the event you do have lead-based paint that has been or will be disturbed, contact KKES for professional cleanup and or removal services. KKES will isolate the cleanup/removal area from the remainder of your home or workplace to protect from cross contamination.