The Colorado Wildfires and Hazardous Materials Clean-up

Colorado Wildfires leave behind potentially hazardous clean-up issuesHazardous Materials from the homes burned in the Colorado Wildfires

Clean-up from the Colorado wildfires of this summer and fall is not as straightforward or simple as you might think. Materials used in not only home construction, but also within the home, can be extremely hazardous after a fire.

For example, car batteries or mercury light bulbs, lead-based paint, plastic items and other potentially toxic materials may have been present in the buildings prior to the fire. People should take precautions when entering buildings that are partially damaged by the fire or when handling any materials from buildings completely destroyed by the fire. They should wear protective clothing and equipment to avoid skin contact with debris and inhalation of ash.

Continue reading

Asbestos Abatement from KKES

asbestos cleanup KK Environmental ServicesRapid Response with Budget Conscious Pricing

At KKES we pride ourselves in providing the quickest possible response in helping address your needs. We will visit your home or commercial space to provide the most accurate cost estimate in helping the planning of your project. Once work has begun you can sleep soundly knowing that the safety of your home or work place is our number 1 priority.

Continue reading

Lead Based Paint (LBP):

Lead Based Paint can be potentially deadlyIf your home was built before 1978, there is a good chance it has lead-based paint.  In 1978, the federal government banned consumer uses of lead-containing paint, but some states banned it even earlier.  Lead is a highly toxic metal that may cause a range of health problems, especially in young children.  When lead is absorbed into the body, it can cause damage to the brain and other vital organs, like kidneys, nerves, and blood.

Continue reading

Mold Removal and Mitigation

Mold can be a very dangerous and deadly problem in your homeMolds are very common in buildings and homes.  Mold will grow in places with a lot of moisture, such as around leaks in roofs, windows, pipes, or where there has been flooding.  Mold grows well on paper products, cardboard, wood products, ceilings tiles, carpet, and pad.  Mold can also grow in dust, paints, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, fabric, and upholstery.

Continue reading

Stay Up-to-Date

Please enable the javascript to submit this form

KK Environmental Services, Inc. Englewood, Colorado

KK Environmental Services, Inc specializes in fire and water disaster asbestos cleanup, commercial and residential scheduled renovations impacting asbestos building materials throughout Colorado, Wyoming and Nebraska.

© 2021 KK Environmental Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved. | 12656 E Jamison Place, Unit 5, Englewood, CO 80112
HOME      |       SERVICES      |       PRIVACY POLICY      |       CONTACT      |       720-876-0808